30 July 2008

The Comfortable Brown Shoes

by HRM Deborah

A day or two maybe before I had bought some brown shoes, while they may have not been overly elegant; but they are extremely comfortable, which was more important at the time. This same day, I had spoken to a nice young man; buying boxing gloves for his friend’s birthday.

On a particular night as most people do, I had gone to bed and fell fast to sleep for I was a bit over tired from the day. The event that occurred, I do not know the time element because it seemed meaningless.

All of sudden I found myself in a place that looked like a cement patio and seeing in places mixed with flowers, which I learned later was a place not far from the Dome of the Rock.

I remember I was happy because for a little time I could taste home and it was like I could just burst with happiness; at the idea of being in Jerusalem.

I walked a little ways and then had to climb some steps which seemed a little tricky for me, because of my bad right leg. But I did make it up the steps and walked what seemed like a very little ways, to the entrance of the Dome of the Rock.

I just got inside of the entrance and just like a lot of people I just took a slight glance, because I thought it was more important to remove my shoes in such a place.

I looked down and I was wearing the brown shoes I mentioned before, while I did remove the shoes and began to feel what appeared to be the softest carpet, I had ever felt.

Then I hear my husband’s voice and I seemed to have by this time begun to wake up, only to find him telling me it was morning and time to start the day.

When I had gone to find the new brown shoes, what I found was some very unusual scuff marks on them; that had not been there before.

Later, I showed the shoes to my husband and he said that those particular scuff marks only come from the steps by the Dome of the Rock.

Every so often, I still wear the brown shoes and still wonder was I there or not.


Another instance, when something like this happened, I saw two men that where Fatah and one man murdered a two year-old child in cold blood and while they kept insisting after they where caught for this murder, that there where no witnesses; I apparently, had given an accurate description of how she died. Even to this day, that event still haunts my memories.

No comments: