19 July 2008

What Makes a Modern Housewife?

I do not sit in my easy chair sucking on bon bon’s, even though I like them.

My children and husband always comes first.

While my home is not always as clean as I like, at least the dirt is ours.

My husband is a better cook, so I not like to argue nor carry the heavy loads of laundry.

I have been known to share recipe’s, but I would rather look at birds instead.

I like to read, I like to write, so freelance writing is my hobby; which some complain and say a job.

I have been known to sew and share clothing tips, but I rather bargain shop these days.

I love hospitality, rather at my home or there’s, for it always seems the coffee and tea is better at there’s.

I will usually help anyone regardless of who they are, even the stray mouse who patter’s at my door.


So you say what makes being a housewife, enjoying the life you live.

-
HRM Deborah

Commentary
This humorous poem came about on 24 June 2007, when I was being attacked by an Islamophobic; saying something about not having any skills as a housewife, if I remember correctly. I guess those people never heard of multitasking?

No comments: