18 July 2008

Butterfly Fields


A calm summer day
Walking among spring flowers
To catch a glimpse of butterflies
Dancing from blossom
To an throw.

A young girl with dreams
Twinkling in her gaze
As the wind parades the hem
Of her soft cotton dress
Spots a tender butterfly
Sweeping through
Butterfly fields.

A soft tender smile
Gleams the warmth
Of her sweet smile
Of a day she will never forget.

-
HRM Deborah


A Single Butterfly

This is a remembrance of something, I had enjoyed as a child.


Living in a city, sometimes one would see a field or a vacant lot, that had flowers and grass growing in it and when I got the occasional opportunity; I use to walk or stand in the field and patiently day dream with the wish and a prayer sometimes for the hardship’s in my life, but also what I understood was occurring not just around myself; but towards home to completely diminish, while watching an occasional bird, butterfly, to even sometimes watch the bee’s going from flower to flower; for just that little time, I would find a bit of peaceful contentment.

Being forced for many years into social isolationism by the US government which started when I was born. I have always had troubles when it came to fairly large groups of people because I simply am not use to it and as I have gotten much older, it has became somewhat easier.


But in all, I still feel like a foreigner in a foreign country, having no doubt it will always be that way; for even I have always known I did not belong away from Israel.  While the US government has bombarded me all these years with there lies, for the most important factors always stayed true. Nevertheless, one thing about American's, they simply do not let a person from someplace else; too forget either.

For as they say, you can take someone out of a place; but you can not take the place out of the person.

When I was finally was allowed to start school, what was the first thing I faced, Anti-Semitism. Even on through my school years, sometimes the Anti-Semitism was met with some form of violence, verbal abuse, to claims of being different due to being of another culture and religion.

Something, I have observed over the years, is anyone from outside the US that comes into that country or doesn't fit the US stereotype; is on the outside. So, if one doesn't appear, act a certain way and is not American Christian, it is case of why not or what is wrong with the that person. What is a ponderment, is why Americans can not seem to focus on the beauty of these differences.

A good case in point, while the US enjoys lying about me; I can always be picked out on the spot, in any US crowd.


A pure white butterfly with fan winged folds pauses on a variegated yellow and red flower in a field near Nablus, Israel; on 8 July 2010.

The Walrus never was Paul, even though he wished it had been so and I say this with a smile.-HRM Deborah



Which the scope of these days where also on a much larger scale then what could always be comprehended by many people or at least thought so at the time it was occurring.

No comments: