28 July 2008

"Call Her Deborah"

‘That which belongs to Allah (Hashem) will be victorious!’

27 July 2008

by HRM Deborah

I was reading in the Torah today, as well as the Quran and I was reminded of how people are puzzled sometimes about my name, because it is usually considered a Jewish name.

The meaning of my name is apart of a whole Surah of the Quran, which has to do with the prophets and there is a prophetess in Islam by the same name; it is also found in Judaism, with the same meaning and has to do with a prophetess.

The Deborah in Judaism, while some people consider her an event from the past, it actually had to do with prophesy of a future event.

Nevertheless, the prophetess Deborah in Judaism is considered and Islamic or Arab monarch; which is most interesting and like all the past royalty in Palestine, all the people where important, and loved, regardless of there religion. For the Palestine royal family, was always a bridge between Judaism and Islam; out of respect for the ancestry of the two faiths, for lack of a better way of explanation.

The Deborah in Islam has to do with end time events.

Furthermore, in Islam, the name Deborah is considered none existent as to giving the name to a child, which is so widely popular for example, in the West.

While I have had very many interesting things said to me in my lifetime and very much the last few years, I still just think at times, my mother just had a good sense of humor when she gave me the name.

The title of this post is actually something my mother said and while my one uncle was trying to convince her to name me something different, she refused; she had reminded me of this many times over the course of her life, without explanation of why.

As more of a footnote, in Christian theology, during the time the Christians call ‘Revelation‘, it speaks of a woman and not by name, that fights the demons at the end of time. Some theologians have thought her name was Deborah, for this seems to be the only name Allah has ever chosen, for a female prophetess of this caliber. As well as the demons, actually do attack her at different times and they do not seem to be a match for her; with the aid of a legion of Angels as an army who also helps protect her, for many she defeats especially in the early stages, before Dajjal comes.

Something similar can be found in Islam, about the Christian idea of this woman of the end of time, but from my understanding, it is in more detail; which I am not allowed to read by many of the Ummah Sheikh’s, I have been told.

No comments: