18 July 2008

Hope


Glorious is the sun
As it rises in a clearing
For I shall not worry
About the day
But take each one with care
To make it better
Then the ones before
To do much better
In all my deeds
And when the sun
Lays down to rest
I know for sure
I’ve done my best.
-
HRM Deborah

Commentary
I originally wrote this poem, when I was only 19 years old and some how it still works today.

There is a funny story that goes with this particular poem, a newspaper had a poetry section and I thought I would send this poem. They returned it not believing I wrote it, because they thought it was to good for a girl my age; they actually requested several poems for me to prove, I wrote this particular one. Which I will assure everyone, I most certainly did.

Has one ever taken the time to look at a sunrise or a sunset or just looking around you at any given time; you may find that what ever your troubles may be, they will seem to diminish.

No comments: