13 July 2008

A Little Ball

"I see you, but you can't see me."

A child had a little red ball it flew high into a tree.
Instead of climbing up to get the ball,
He stared just at the tree.
-HRM Deborah

Commentary:
What is interesting about this poem is two or three years ago, I sent it to be considered for publication for a poetry book, as a lark; it was not only published, it won an award. The poem is actually about, inner blindness.

Since I was about seventeen when I would let people see some of my poetry, I have been published a few times and been given much praise.

For a time much longer then I care to admit when I was younger, poetry was a way for me to talk; when I really was not allowed much in person for fear of repercussions; during the time of greater hardships. As I got older, I stopped feeling so much like this; but I still enjoy writing poetry.

No comments: