18 July 2008

Good Evening



A sky over Israel



Another day has come and gone
The evening sky is beckoning
Soon to say good night.

With a smile at the dipping rays
To the dancing stars
We all know that we as people,
Are one.
- HRM Deborah


In the Winter of Life

To further clarify, this poem was written after the assassination attempt on myself, in 2000. Also, one day the US man that was holding mother and I captive; said that I was never to reach 30 years-old. The thought of this rolled around in my mind, while I was recovering from my injuries and the fact that what occurred Allah (Hashem) had saved me once more.

This particular poem, I wrote in about 2000, actually in further thinking about a dog that was in advanced age; I had saved the dog’s life from being killed or further abused by his previous American owners, about four years prior. He had been so mistreated before I had saved him that he use to fear bite, but while he never bit me; he was always extremely cautious of strangers.

Seeing the dog made me think, about when we as people; get in the winter season of our lives.

As for the dog, he passed away several months later from advanced age; for it was just his time and was buried were he would feel the most freedom from the sorrows of youth.

When he was still able before arthritis began to set in, he enjoyed taking long walks and feel the breeze in his fur and if one did not know better; it made him happy. He tended to remind one, of the demeanor of a very dignified elderly gentleman with a whitening goatee and I cannot help remembering, how much he enjoyed my voice; my first husband said my voice sounded kind and had a softness. When he saw I had been injured, he seemed to have taken it rather hard. His name was, "Pepper;" while I did not name him; he was a purebred red colored, large-size Chihuahua.

This was just another incident, were love can heal a lot of pain; even for a little dog; with the thoughts of how precious any life actually is.

No comments: