24 October 2010

Upon a Summer's Breeze

Years ago when I was in my early teens I saw an absolutely beautiful room through someones prayer, that had a summer breeze that felt it came off a sea. The large windows were open and with the long flowing white drapes that seemed to dance about the floor with the breeze. It was one of those times that being in such a wonderful place, I did not wish to leave; but as always, I could not stay and enjoy the dancing curtains and the lovely breeze.


From that sight over the years, I use to keep my room windows open as much as possible. The only time I think I closed the windows was when it would get extremely cold, when I would be trying to get some rest.


The air coming in from the open window always made my room smell so sweet and fresh, especially if a light rain was coming down; for I always loved to watch the light rain and the freshness as everything was becoming clean again; even if it was for just a moment.


I also, would wait in anticipation for the curtains in my room to dance as I had seen in that beautiful room, but it never was the same.


Around the time I saw the beautiful room, a song came out called, "Summer Breeze" by Seals and Croft; every time I heard the song over the years, I would remember the beautiful room and even during times I was having it very hard because of my US captivity it always gave me a peacefulness so I could continue on.


I have always hoped, that one day; I would get to see that beautiful room once again and be able to watch the long flowing white drapes dance once more with the sea breeze.

A little something, I have thought so many times; is the one that belonged to such a beautiful place for the room had overtaken me so and not so long ago, I did learn who they were.

I just wished they had been more pronounced than it has been all these years, for actually I know just some about them personally; but I am trying to learn even with the passing of there grandmother who I did know, because of someone else's grandmother for they use to set side-by-side and talk softly, for both admirable grandmother's were my great aunts and they were born in Israel, along with my great uncles who were brothers to my grandfather; which his wife was my grandmother Dora or too this day, how they knew they could pray for me by my name through Allah (Hashem); for me to even appear.

Nevertheless, which according to International and Israeli law, any child born to an Israeli parent or parents there birth is recorded  with an Israeli birth certificate in there hometown; mine being Jerusalem as it use to always be, as I was and it has been proven. Also, as a political prisoner or kidnapped to a foreign country; one can never be a citizen of the captivity country, in my case the US. That by law and my understanding it has been proven to be so, that I am an Israeli citizen and never wished to be or are anything else. Even with the US government in part, of contempt of International Court on this issue; with the other main issue being of the US government's illegal refusal to free me and allow me to return to my home country of Israel.-
HRM Deborah

No comments: