03 September 2010

Living Out of a Suitcase

"A rolling stone gathers no moss, but does gather a high polish."-HRM Zaytuna (1948- ?)


Mother and I were forced to travel so much until 1982, that it got were we did not even bother to unpack much and eventually began to wear what was considered serviceable travel clothing. When we eventually ended up in Siberia Death Camp, there was still a few boxes unpacked that belonged to Mother. But almost everything her and I may of had, our US captor stole and it vanished. I was only able to save a few things, thanks to my first husband and my Mother.



Who would ever believe that HRM Dora and my Mother ever did clam digging, with the legs of there pants roll-up; just some above the ankle. Mother said once, it had to do with the beach sand.


Mount St Helens eruption on 18 May 1980

Being forced to travel as much as I have as a US political prisoner, I have seen some of the worse weather the US has had to offer, from tornadoes, blizzards with snow higher then myself in sub-zero temperatures so cold, an automobile can over-heat and lungs can freeze; ice storms, baseball and gulf ball size hailstorms, heavy rain, earthquakes, hurricanes, floods, fire, extreme heat, winds so fierce that it actually lifted a human and even went through the fallout from the eruption of Mount St Helens.

 

One place Mother and I lived, when one went to bathe; out of the water facet would come tadpoles, small fish and leaves. The water supply was trying to dry-up. The only heat in winter was an insufficient makeshift wood stove that created more smoke than heat and the poorly cooking stove stopped working. It could get so cold, one would wear extra clothes and actually take the rugs off the floor trying to stay warm.  One did not put anything in the clothing cupboards, for the mildew would destroy it due to the excessive dampness; the mildrew would actually turn the clothing item to a forest green. When it rained outside, one had to be careful of water sinkholes; for they were dangerous, similar to quicksand.

Mother and I, have also been forced to live in some of the worse conditions possible; that once even scared a dog for the filth and have been subjected to food that was uneatable, that even wildlife ran from it, literally. While my Mother did not cook the food, but it came from some place else; she as well as I, was happy the wildlife ran away. The stench of that food, was horrible. Our US captor, claimed it was in this particular incident; as being some sort of barbecue. For there had been several other incidents having to do with our US captor and food.

I have also seen cold black tarantula's the size of cup saucers, they seemed to like hanging on inside walls and cat's will attack them.


Radio Ga Ga
When I was a teenager, I listen on a radio just like this one; usually in my room when I had one or got to listen to the radio when I could lay in the grass outside with a dog named Diane near by and sometimes reading a book. Not realizing how much those on the outside cared about me.-HRM Deborah

No comments: