22 August 2008

Visiting the U.S. Upon Freedom

by HRM Deborah

When I was growing up like many children, I was taught to respect my elders and this included visiting there yards or homes and I have always felt this is how people should be no matter where they go.

Sometimes, especially if an older person no longer had children in the home, they did not always like children to visit because they considered them disruptive or had a bad past experience and sometimes when they see a child they would tell them to either stay away or not visit in there yard.

Myself, I was always the child, that got to hear these things until after a little time of observation, they wanted me to come and visit very much; for as they would usually say I was a very good child and often times very good relations were created, even I will admit sadness to often times, if I was forced to move once again.

This type of child did carry on into my adulthood, because one thing I have always appreciated is people; no matter where they are in the world.

It has been brought to my attention, if I was freed, would I consider visiting the United States and the answer is yes; for there is many beautiful parts towards the country, as there is it is assured in other parts of the world and I have never been one to turn my back on anyone.

While I realize my current status as I understand is unchanged and in all this, I have to take in consideration for the welfare of my country and myself, I also believe in the welfare of all people and if relations were good again between the U.S. and Palestine; I indeed would not have a problem visiting and be of help to the countries people if I can, as I have tried to do, for I do believe people should be happy with each other.

Furthermore, as to visiting, I have even considered establishing a permanent house in the country.

No comments: