11 June 2009

A Nipponese Parasol

When I was a young girl, for a few short years about every spring or early summer what seemed out of nowhere I use to receive a traditional Nipponese parasol.

They where very delicate and most beautiful, while I actually would look foreword to these delicate gifts; one year they stopped coming and while I did not know how they came to began with, my mother usually was the bearer of this most wonderful gift.

For those who do not know about these type of parasol’s, the frame was made out of bamboo and the shaded part was made of paper, with a most delicate hand painted design as I remember, sometimes also with a bit of Calligraphy; but nevertheless, as beautiful as art within themselves.

The reason I no longer have them as so many thing’s from long ago, if I was happy with something especially, they usually disappeared much to my sorrow; but yet, the great kindness and beauty is embedded in my memory. -
HRM Deborah

No comments: