04 October 2008

Wholesome Entertainment Makes One Happy

By HRM Deborah

It is interesting these days, of a person every once in awhile asking what I care for in a particular field of entertainment.

As a general rule, I like entraining wholesome family movies and music that is not Haram (sin), usually in movies, ones that tells a whole story, is educational and by chance has a moral.

Usually, these movies are the older type from the 1930’s to the 1950’s.

As to music as a general rule, I usually prefer nasheed’s, Arabic, classical, some big bands, Jazz, Blues and world music, but while I learned as a required course in school of music appreciation; I am still very selective because of content problems.

Usually, if something is not wholesome or acceptable it is not for me.

No comments: